Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

The Nufio's came over for some homemade soup and bread. It was delicious. We carved pumpkins and roasted the seeds - one batch with cinammon and sugar and the other with onions, garlic, and salt. It was a blast. Cole made a star-eyed, bat mouth, square nosed pumpkin and Sofia made a kitty cat, and Cesar and Dena made a beetle out of their home grown pumpkin.

From Cole (he is sitting here with me as I post telling me what to type) - Cesar was joking that there was a baby pumpkin alien in their home grown pumpkin. I was nervous at first because I thought it was looking like a real alien with green eyes. But I was brave when Cesar opened up the pumpkin. The alien pumpkin baby left his home because he was scared of us. I got messy cleaning out the pumpkin seeds a.k.a. alien guts.


No comments: