Sunday, September 18, 2011

Broomfield Days 2011



Cole,


We've been going to Broomfield Days since you were a baby. We sit on the same corner with Grandma. And as the years have gone by and new little ones added to our extended family, they've joined in as well. I know you're getting big. I know it. I say it to you all the time. But, seeing you with Eliana and Parker this year at the parade...you REALLY are getting big.

After the parade, we walk down to the fair, eat funnel cakes, and watch you bounce around in the jumpy castle and watch you go down this really steep blow up slide. I remember watching you go down this same slide a few years ago - fearless at how high you had to climb and what a steep descent awaits you. You did that same slide this year only there was fear. You got to the top and immediately climbed right back down that steep ladder and said "no way"...Then, I told you about the time you rode it when you were 4 years old and back up you went. You loved it!

(2008 Broomfield Days - Super Steep Slide... I love your face)

You wanted me to leave you at the Emerald float so you could walk with your school in the parade. I was terrified to leave you. I walked to the float with Eliane and Parker, dropped you off, and walked back to Grandma with the babies. Then, I just kind of freaked. So, back to float I went and when you saw me, you were so disappointed that I came back. You were probably thinking "I'm not a baby anymore Mom". You told me to go back, that you were fine. I was nervous until I finally saw the float coming our way shortly after the parade started. There you were, with all your friends and teachers, looking grown up and BIG. You hopped out to hang with us for the rest of the parade....and get candy.

This year, we did the 1-mile fun run! Definitely on the agenda for next year. It was a BLAST! You ran great and really kicked it at the end, all the way to the finish - I could barely keep up with you. Next year, I won't be able to keep up at all.

And that's just another sign that you are getting big and growing up. I'm so proud you and I love you more than you will ever know.

Giant hugs,
Mommy

No comments: