Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rats

Tonight Cole and I got home from our day at work and school to an awful smelling house. And I do mean awful. It smelled like 10 dead mice had been rotting in a wall for about two weeks. It wasn't a mouse though. Through the darkness, I could see stuff on the floor, so as I tiptoed to reach the light, I found the source of the most dreadful smell....doggie diarrhea. And I mean lots of it. It trailed the span of our dining room, through the kitchen, through the TV, to an attempt to get out a locked backed door.

Poor Nilla. Sorry you didn't feel good today girl and thanks for trying to get outside. My brother would have just added to the mess by barfing all over the place so thank goodness he wasn't here. Cole just plugged his nose and continued to eat his candy. Meanwhile, I grabbed a pair of latex gloves (three pairs total), the mop, and got to work. I have to admit my gag reflex went off about four times.

I'm sure there is worse things, but half wet half dry doggie diarrhea spread half way across your house has to rank pretty high, right? But all is clean now (i broke the mop...not an opportune time). Just writing about it now makes me want to barf so enough about our welcome home surprise.

I had a disturbing dream the other night. I dreamt there were four rats in our basement. HUGE rats. FAT rats with long thick tails. It was like a nightmare and I'm still scarred from it even though I can't remember all the details. I do remember that they scared me and I tried to kill them but they were so HUGE and FAT and their tails so thick....

The next night I dreamt about sex.

What will tonight bring?

p.s. Thanks to Veronica for her post about family night. It was a nice treat to have you guys over. We love you all so much.

No comments: