Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Speaking of Super Heros

Today I am self proclaiming myself as a Super Hero! That's right. I do believe it's time to add it to my list of life titles. I'm even going to go as far as putting it right up there with Mother, Wife, Daughter, Superhero!

Here is why - because I've managed our house - that's alot of chores-, vacation with Cole for 12 days, planned a Gigantic 5th year birthday party, laid people off at work, trained for a half marathon, ran a 10K, entertain Cole, and so on and so forth, for the last 5 weeks.

I thought the stress would kill me last week, but it's a new week, and I'm extremely optimistic that I've made it over the hump. Chris will be back in two weeks and our routine will slide right back into place. But, I tell you, I will still be a superhero.

Speaking of superheros - the biggest superhero I know is my mom. I'm complaining about 7 weeks - think of 15+ years. YEARS of being dedicated to raising her two children - her pride and joy, I might add - but selfless devotion to motherhood. She worked full-time and raised us full-time. She did take some time - very little - for herself to go country dancing, or go to a movie with friends. She almost always put herself second. And that's a super hero in my book. She taught me independence, to be a do'er, to have goals, to aim high.

If I could, I would give her a honorary doctrate degree from Harvard or create an award given out by the President, called the Mother of the Last Two Decades Award.

Here is to all the superhero Mom's. Keep on Keepin' On!

p.s. We love you Dads, but this post is about Mama's!

No comments: