Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break 2010

We're just back from Spring Break.
We took Cole to Phoenix.
We stayed at the Arizona Grand Resort.
It has a fabulous water park.

Monday: breakfast burritos from my favorite shop -the Burrito Co., pool time, nap, dinner at Trip and Tiffany's. Cole played with Taylor. They had a blast.


Tuesday: RAIN - breakfast at the hotel, shopping at IKEA, lunch at In-n-Out Burger, nap, dinner at Steve and Nicole's. Cole and Isabell were instant friends.


Wednesday: breakfast at another burrito shop, not as good. Pool time, nap, dinner at Pita Jungle
Thursday: early flight back to snowy Colorado...I miss the desert already.

It was great to be in the sun and watch Cole swim and have fun.

Lesson learned: make sure you are willing to do what you encourage your kids to do. "Cole you should really go down the slide." "No, I don't want to." Repeat about 10 times before he gives in only to find out he isn't tall enough and they don't let you go together. Then, Mr. W. decides to go down the steep slides, which don't look all that fun to me. Honestly, just looking at them gives me a knot in my stomach. Mr. W. says I should really do it. Then Cole chimes in. They gang up on me. Repeat about 10 times. I have to do it. I can't be a hypocrite. But seriously, I'm scared. The slides are really steep. Do I really have to do it? I had that pit in my belly the entire walk up who knows how many flights of stairs. I can feel it right now just typing this. Anyway, I obviously made it to the top and I screamed like a baby the entire way down. I did it...once. There. Everyone happy?! I'm scared of a steep water slide, yet, I've jumped three times out of an airplane. Seriously! What's the matter with me? I've done some pretty crazy stuff so I have to laugh at myself for being scared of that silly slide.....it was really steep though. Ever gotten a water slide burn? I got it on my elbows. Ouch!

Happy Spring Break Cole!
It was so much fun hanging out with you.

No comments: