Wednesday, December 10, 2008

For all the Melissa Peterson's

You know what happens when kids come into our lives? Everything else stops. We're consumed by these beautiful little bugs. Our lives resolve around them. Sleep, feed, eat, play. Eventually, they run us ragged and we find ourselves quickly asleep (on the couch watching TV) or on purpose in bed soon after their bedtime.

But what happens to the people around us during our chaotic, exhausting, love filled bliss? The people in our lives, our friends and family, are still there. They support us, mentor us, love us, and WAIT for us. They wait for us to have time for THEM.

So, I dedicate this post to all my wonderful friends and I know they are truly friends because we can pick up exactly where we left off even if it's been two years or two months. I'm calling this the "Melissa Peterson phenomenom". I'm not sure I could count all the number of friends this applies to. But, they've WAITED, just like Melissa. It's been two years since I saw Melissa (we live 20 minutes from each other). I've been on her email threads for funnies or upcoming get togethers, but they often went unreplied to by me. Or calls that I thought about making hundreds of times, but never got around to it. Or visits that were never arranged.

It's amazing how life flies by; how much we take for granted...like all the Melissa Peterson's in our lives. It's also for all the other people in my life that I talk to every two days, two hours, or two minutes. My life is richer because of each of you.

I love you all. Thank you for waiting for me.

Sassy Sappy Signing off.

No comments: