Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jingle Jangle

Merry Christmas! Let's first start by talking about traditions. You all know we go to the Gilpin Cty Fair every year with Rachel and Sierra. This is were we capture the growth of our little ones with ceramic hand prints, to remind us that they were once small.

The next tradition is going to Aunt Donna's for Christmas Eve. I can't tell you how long we've been doing this. I guess since I was little but my memory only goes back until sometime in High School, when my beautiful grandparents were still around. We all meet at my Aunt Donna's house, share baked goodies (I've included a picture of the treats we brought. The best homemade chocolate chip cookies EVER. They were so beautiful I had to take a picture), sing songs, get a visit from Santa, the kids do a craft (which decorate our tree every year), we rejoice in family, love, warmth, and blessings. This year we were treated with some instrumental music by my cousins and it was such a nice NEW treat for the evening.

But before all that wonderment occurred, we changed things up and went early to my mom's since we decided we would spend Christmas at our own house, creating Velez traditions. So, an early arrival, to some appetizers, a Honey Baked Ham, homemade America Test Kitchen - All-Time-BEST scallop potatoes, garlic rolls, and mixed greens with apples, nuts, and cransraisins, awaited us. Glorious!

As you know from previous posts, we do a name exchange so this is when we get to open presents and enjoy each others company. It was such a beautiful night. Maybe I enjoyed it more this year because of Cole or maybe it's because my heart is more open....no matter....it was a wonderful night.

This morning was just an extension of the joyeous evening. Cole woke early and I'm glad cuz I didn't sleep very good. I was too excited! We opened presents, ate Chris' famous eggs terrible (absolutely without a doubt, the best breakfast dish EVER....ok, maybe second to my Dad's biscuits and gravy), heard about how GREAT and WONDERFUL and ALL KNOWING Santa is.

We went to a movie (pretty sure a new tradition for us that will continue on). All three of us rode our new BIKES outside since it's ABSOLUTELY Gorgeous today. There is no way in a million years we could ever wish for anything better this.

We'll wrap up the day with another tradition by having dinner with Uncle Joe, Deborah, and Michael. It's a perfect end to a perfect day.

Well, the two months of talking about Santa have come and gone and we're left with a room full of new toys, all of which had to be opened one right after another, and every game had to be played practically at the same time this morning. It's like a hurricane came in, conquered, and left without a care in the world.

Love to all.

No comments: