Sunday, May 3, 2009

Angels

More on the Nilla front as Cole tries to understand what happened exactly and why she isn't coming back. He has been asking if Nilla is coming back to which we say no, that she is in doggie heaven. Well, on the way down to Grandma's on Saturday, he said to me,
" I miss Nilla."
"I know baby, but she's in doggie heaven"
"Well, how did she get there"
It's probably not appropriate to go into the literal meaning behind that question, like that it was the third hardest decision in Chris' life to date or the details about our trip the vets office. And as my eyes teared up, I said,
"The angels came and got her."
"How did they get her up there."
"They have wings and flew her up to heaven."
I can just picture the image in his mind being that of a John Travolta look alike (the one where he played an angel) carrying and flying Nilla up in the sky.

I've been feeling very sensitive lately and I'm not pms-ing. I don't get it. It's little things too, like the message Michelle left me last week, or Mr. Wonderful's comment about my "sophisticated" outfit, or my mom asking if I put paper down in my flower garden before putting the mulch down, or maybe it's that the world goes on and I'm still grieving for Beans and that makes me sad. Everyones lives including my own continue moving but in my heart, it seems like it should all stop and everyone should grieve for Nilla. It's a funny thing, death...sorrow...sadness. It's left me feeling a bit empty and lost....
Time heals all wounds.

No comments: