Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bird Nest


Today, as I busily worked, I happened to glance out the window and saw something that brought a smile to my face. It was a little bird working to build her nest in the tree right outside my office window. I was on a conference call, but managed to grab my camera because it was such a sweet sight that I wanted to document it (although the picture just looks like a bunch of tree leaves). I watched that bird, building her nest, and it warmed my heart. It gave me perspective on my own life, which at this moment, is greatly needed.

You see, there are always challenges in life. Some we bring on ourselves, others are forces on us, like being laid off. I think with Chris' job path taking him to Virginia for six weeks, it will allow Cole and I to bond (more) and for me to have my patience tested, to call on friends and family for relief, but most of all to be supportive to Chris. To be unselfish. To see what he is sacrificing to keep food on our table and bills paid. He is sacrificing being away from his family, from his things, from his routine. How selfish I have been during his time of transition, his venture into the unknown. Six weeks will come and go and we'll be back together before we know it. The lawn will get mowed, the dogs will get walked, dinner will be made, school drop offs will be handled, and FUN will be had. And I'll read this blog entry when the weeks feel like months and when I don't think I can handle another moment and know that this too shall pass.

And then what? Well, we'll have new challenges. New possibilities. New opportunities. I love you Mr. Wonderful and I'm thankful that things always seem to work out - one way or another and that you selflessly do what needs to be done for our family, for our nest.

No comments: