Friday, June 12, 2009

One Day Down

One day down and only 35 to go until we get to see Chris when he comes back home for Cole's birthday weekend. I slept for chunks of hours at a time last night, but not a great sleep. I think the house must have known that CV was gone, so she was on her best behavior last night; quiet and still. Thank you house. Sometimes, she makes the scariest sounds.


And, I'm happy to report that the dreams I've had for the last three nights, did not haunt me. When Cole was baby, I use to have dreams of him falling, usually out of his crib. I would leap from my bed to catch him, heart pumping, veins racing, just to find that the house was quiet and he was sound asleep. I would find my way back to bed, feeling like I just sprinted the 100 yard dash, with Chris saying "What the hell, Wendy". He was probably just as startled to see me leap like a mad women from the bed. So anyway, I have those dreams every once in while, where Cole is falling and I try to save him, and that's what my nights have been for the last three nights. Vivid dreams of him falling through an open man hole and me leaping up to grab him. I hate those dreams and appreciate the fact that they didn't visit me last night.


The dogs wake up with the sun which today was around 4:45 a.m. I let them outside and then I laid back down and watched out the window as the dark turned to light, and the sun welcomed a new day.



p.s. good luck recruiting today Chris. Remember, tell 'em to go home if they are late to the interview.

No comments: