Thursday, November 26, 2009

Imperfection is Perfection

Occasionally I get in a rut about perfection. Perfection with myself, my husband, my son, my house. It ends up creating a whole bunch of useless frustration because the perfection I seek often times, isn't realistic. So today, I give thanks to the non-perfection. To rest and be satisfied and truly grateful for who I am, who Chris is, who Cole is, and for our wonderful house.

The other night, I got myself all worked up because I was stressing about the imperfections of our house: the cracks, the creaks, the oldness, the unpainted this and the unfixed that, the half finished projects, etc. But as I laid in bed analyzing my crazy behavior, I found peace in those exact things. Our house isn't perfect and there will ALWAYs be lots of things to fix and refinish, but it is our home. It's where we spend a majority of our time - where we play games, have dinner parties, watch movies. It's our sanctuary. Be grateful and thankful.

So, I sit here at the bar, smelling the aroma of fresh baked cranberry-pear pie, I AM grateful and thankful for soooo many things. And my blessings outweigh any imperfections this life has to offer me.

No comments: