Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's what


What is 3 and 2?
What is five zero zero?
What does "stashed" mean?
What is 4 and 7?

32
500
to put away; to hid something
47

Don't you just love Kindergartens? I do, especially my little Monkey. And according to the Chinese Zodiac, he really is a monkey. Described perfectly: You are very intelligent and are able to influence people. An enthusiastic achiever, you are easily discouraged and confused. Avoid Tigers. Seek a Dragon or a Rat...or a Rabbit (since that's my chinese Zodiac, I thought it would be safe to add). Mr. W is a Monkey too.

I wonder what happens when you realize your baby isn't a baby anymore? Cole is still my baby, he always will be. But lately, he just seems so grown up. He doesn't pronounce Yellow, LELLOW. He doesn't say Haer for Halo. He knows how to spell simple words and do simple math. He can write sentences all by himself. He is self sufficient with getting ready. He knows how to operate the remote for the TV/DVD and fast forwards as he sees fit to the parts he likes most. I think we still have awhile for him to be baby, but not much longer. Oh, those soft cheeks, the snuggles and cuddles he still lets me do. How I love to lay in bed with him and touch his soft skin. When will he not want me to do that anymore? I hope no time soon.

It's funny when I use to hear parents say that "it goes by so fast." It's so true. There are times I want my little baby back and other times that I'm ready for him to be 10. But there is nothing quite like loving these moments right now.


No comments: