Monday, December 21, 2009

Loves

Sweet Baby Estes. She's already six and half years old. Graying on her face and a lover of belly rubs, we have concluded that she really is half human and half cat, living in a dog body. She sits like a human and lounges on the arm of the sofa chair like a cat. She is soft as silk and loves to be hugged and kissed. And she even likes her playmate Smokey.

This is Smokey. We call him Rita (code word for retarded). He's not really retarded but he is still a puppy and quite honestly, sometimes acts a little slow. But, his spirit is always happy. He likes to follow Mr. W. around and get under his feet and just bug him more often than not. But this big guy thinks he is a lap dog and well, if given the opportunity, will lay on top of you with his face right in yours and fall fast asleep if you so allow him.

Last but definitely not least is trouble. Just look at this picture. It really says it all - aren't those evil eyebrows? This is pretty much what our adorable baby boy turned into. He is 5 going on 20. A rebel, a ruler of his own world, a push-the-limits of every authority figure he knows. He basically lives in some form of being grounded, which quite honestly, I don't think he minds. Who ever stole my baby boy, I want him back. I have no money, but I bake a mean chocolate chip cookie. And how, sweet lilacs, can a demon child like this bring me to tears one minute of testing the limits of my patience and in the next, while he sleeps, bring me to tears again because he is so beauitiful and peaceful and still my baby boy? How, sweet lilacs, is that possible?

Other important news:

  • Mr. W. tore out our old 1960's sliding back doors and installed beautiful new french doors yesterday. It looks marvelous. He really is my own Bob Vila.
  • I didn't find my camera, but I found almost my identical one (pink and all) for a steal at Mictrocenter.
  • We helped Grandma decorate her tree and get her house festive for Thursday.
  • We went to see Avatar and it was AWESOME!!!
  • Aunt Veronica surprised me at work today with a vanilla tea latte. She made my day.
  • Cole is grounded....probably for life.

No comments: