Saturday, January 23, 2010

Deliciouso

Mr. W told me that my last blog was dark. So, I'll lighten it up by telling you about last night. I think the whole gluten-free thing is going to work out pretty darn good for us. Chris has already lost 10 pounds (that's what no beer will do) and except for a few times, has been belly ache free for nearly three weeks.

Last night we deciced to have fish, which we haven't had much of lately, but will become a regular in our new diet. It was tilipia fillets last night and oh my goodness....it was absolutely Jax restaurant style good. If you don't know Jax's it is the best seafood restaurant in Boulder. And apparently Mr. W should go work there.

First, the sauce: yellow onion, yellow pepper, garlic, honey, miso mayo, sea salt, sauteed for 15 minutes. Spinkle tipilia with Adobe seasoning, spicy spices, cover fish with sauce and bake for 10 minutes at 375, and then broil for 10 minutes. Couple it with steamed broccoli and some brown rice, it was the BEST dinner ever. We both couldn't stop talking about it. The broiled sauce gave the onions an almost carmelized taste. The fish was so tasty, we both wanted more, but there wasn't any left. UMMMMM! Deliciouso!

Then we tucked Cole in bed and Mr. W and I watched the movie, The Hurt Locker. It was intense. My heart was pumping, my adrenline flowing. I don't know how Dan Sespey does it. Be safe!

And that was our night. Pretty good right?

A quick plug for Sprouts. They have the best produce for CHEAP and tons of gluten-free things that are easily marked. Sprouts and Whole Foods are our main grocery stores now. So long and farewell Safeway and King Soopers.

No comments: