Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Latest 10

I feel like I've missed many important and interesting things over the past month, but do you think I remember what they are? I just know that important and interesting things have been happening around here.

Let's see what I can remember that happened longer than a minute ago:

1. Cole learned to tie his shoes. Candy is a wonderful incentive.

2. I had a fantastic trip to NYC and are planning on meeting up with some of my new girlfriends in Chicago in October. Chicago in October - doesn't it just sound perfect?

3. Speaking of NYC - the conference I went to re-energized me and gave me new ideas about leading my team. I realized I've been stuck in my office too much. I need to give some love to my peeps.

So, I just spent two hours baking a bunch of cakes and tomorrow, during a meeting, I'm going to announce a CHALLENGE in which I break the team into groups and they get to make something with all these fun cakes. They will have to work as a team in a short amount of time with a very limited supplies of tools. All while 20 eyes are watching them to see who comes up with the most CREATIVE, the most ORIGINAL, and the BEST THEME! We're going to have some fun tomorrow. Other fun CHALLENGES coming up in the spirit of teambuilding are making a NITA commercial and a NITA jingle. It's amazing how creative people can get.

4. I still haven't sent out Thank You's from Cole's birthday party that was a month ago. Although I am stealing Rachel's card idea. It was just too cute.

5. Cole starts First grade on Tuesday. Seriously? My sweet baby monkey.

6. We had a blast with Grandpa Jack and Aunt Emma. See seperate post.

7. Cole and I went camping. See seperate post.

8. My swim is in 4 days!

9. I'm getting excited for fall. I want to bowl again.

10. I want to start running again. I miss it.

No comments: