Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mega Swim


After the big 42nd birthday celebration, the rest of the weekend was spent in Ft. Collins getting ready for this silly 10k swim at Horsetooth Reservoir.

Check out the video. Thanks Charlie for putting that together.

In the video at the end I say it took me 3:20 but it really took me 3:33! Slacker!

Big thanks to Mr. W. for all his support as my paddler. And a huge thanks to all my friends and family who encouraged me along the way. Remember, Windsor? The race I pulled out of. That was tramatic for me, but it was my friends who got me past that hurdle. It's my friends that got me to that finish line, who believed in me. I really can't thank you enough. It's these words and more (like Mr. W. yelling at me to knock it off when I started crying at mile 5.5 because I was so tired) that got me to the end...


*******************************
Wen,
I am so proud of you my friend! No matter what hapens on race day, you have done months of training and being uncomfortable. The race is just a litttle piece of all you have already done. I wish I could be there. But know I am thinking of you, sending you warm thoughts, and know you will kick ass! because you ROCK my friend!
Love ya!
Michelle
********************************
Hi Wendy,
I am so impressed with your effort. I am not surprised that you have trained so hard. When you make your mind up to do something, you do it, gracefully and humbly. I am not surprised and wont be surprised that you are going to finish this race, but know that even if you don’t, your win when you get to the starting line.
Good Luck,
Peter
********************************
Rachel Greenberg Matz commented on your status: ""Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely."" Thoughts after Windsor....spot on.

Post race: Friend - i am SOOO proud of you for accomplishing a huge goal today!! all the dedication, training, mental perserverance, and energy you put into today really paid off. it was so amazing watching you swim across the finish line. what a huge physical and mental accomplishment!! sierra, ryder and i were really happy to be a part of it, thanks for inviting us. :)
********************************
Charlie sent me a great quote on race day but I can't find it....lame! It was really awesome.
********************************
Even my jump rope instructor: I want to recognize one of our jumpers, Wendy Velez. She is participating in a super insane crazy awesome event this weekend at Horsetooth Reservoir. She is swimming a 10K in open water - no wetsuit.. Not only is Wendy a super fast jumper, she is an amazing fish! GO WENDY!

No comments: