Thursday, September 30, 2010

Phat lips

Cole got a fat lip trying to do a trick on his bike. Besides the fat lip, he skinned his knee, nose, and forehead. Sweet monkey....so adventuresome. Good thing you're tough and very very brave. I took this picture right after, but I really should have snapped one the day after, because it looked much worse.

This has nothing to do with fat lips, but worthwhile mention. We're headed up to Glenwood Springs with Grandma tomorrow afternoon for a sleepover at the Silver Spruce Motel and some swimming in the hot springs (stinky but warm) pool. My mom use to take me and Derrick up when we were little. I think we might have gotten burned really bad one time, but that's not that the point of the story. The point is, it's a wonderful childhood experience and memory that I have and now I get to share it with Cole. I remember once, she said one night, "Call a friend. Let's go to Glenwood." And I did and we were on the road late at night and swam the whole next morning. It was awesome... I ditched school with my mom and one of my best friends. Here's to you mom and to childhood memories worth passing on.

No comments: