Thursday, January 27, 2011

How may I help you?

Dear Cole,

We cleaned out one of the closets downstairs and you wanted to keep all sorts of things we were getting rid of like a book called "How to deal with NASTY people", old credit cards that you put in your wallet, and this headset. You wore this thing ALL day long, even while watching TV or reading or eating. You thought it was the coolest thing ever.

It reminded me of when I was little and thought that about my mom's stuff. Or like the time Uncle Derrick and I got caught stealing office supplies from my dad's office. What in the world did we want or need with a stapler and other like items at the age of 8? Fascinated by new things that really had no applicability or use to use but were somehow the most intriguing things ever.

Last week when we got home from school, you asked if you could wear a costume and so you were Ironman all night. Speaking of super heros, daddy took you to see the Green Hornet while I was in San Francisco. You guys also made an incredible carousel with your Kinetics.

At school, you've been working on writing letters, actual letters, one of my favorite things ever. You wrote me this note:

Drire Mom,
I miss you. I wot to kom with you. I love you. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX.
Love,
Cole

Or how about this one:
I no that you are a lover to me and you are so sweeat you always say that you are gonna eat my cheeks.

You packed me off for my trip to New Orleans with a special note that I could only open at the airport. It read "I love you mommy" and you had a plastic heart attached to it.

I love you my darling. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with you this weekend. I've missed you.

By the way, thank you for surprising me by getting my toothbrush ready twice this week. My sweet boy.

Goodnight,
Mommy

No comments: