Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Simple Life


Dear Cole,

Happy New Year! I just wanted to write and tell you thank you. Thank you for helping me be silly and goofy. You love being goofy and silly. Sometimes after a long day at work, it's hard to switch gears from being so serious and stressed to being silly and goofy.
Life is simple right now. You love to spend time with me and daddy. After I get over my serious self, we play sheriff and robber - having shootouts down the hall and capturing the robber and putting him in jail. Or how about hide-n-seek! Simply a favorite of yours. Or board games or cards. Or chase...you never get tired of playing chase. Or how about tickle...you love to play tickle and we just laugh and laugh. I love to hear you laugh.

It's hard to play sometimes because it takes some effort, energy, and imagination but it's good for my soul. I need it. To see you smile and giggle and be happy is precious. Tonight, we had a carpet picnic where we ate hot dogs and spicy fries and watched Spongebob. Thanks for hanging out with me. I love you so much. Thanks for being such an awesome 6 year old.

As I tucked you in bed tonight you said,"The first thing I like about you is your smile. The second thing is your singing." That was of course after you read me a book and I sang you a lullaby.

Good night darling. I love you.
Mommy

No comments: