Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mornings

Dear Cole,
There are some mornings, when things just don't go smoothly. It usually happens the instant you wake up. We all have days like that and boy, are they challenging.

But this morning, you were an angel. No arguing, no pouting, no asking three or four times for you to do something. You were just heavenly. Because I'm leaving for New Orleans today and had extra time this morning, we decided to walk to school. But it wasn't any walk. We pretended that we were hikers, high up in the mountains, dodging crevasses, and sliding on ice. You kept calling me "friend". You'd say "be careful friend." The school was the top of the mountain. We reached our destination, gave awesome hugs and kisses.

Before we parted ways, you reminded me that you left something special in my backpack for my trip and told me to look for it when I got to the airport. You are so sweet. Have fun with daddy this weekend.

Hugs,
Mommy

No comments: