Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Perspective

I don't know what to write about tonight, only that last night when I took the dogs for walk, I wrote a blog entry in my head with intentions of actually getting online to make it official, but I opted to read instead.

In case you don't have one, you really should get a Kindle. Let's talk about the Kindle because I had an interesting conversation with a woman at a birthday party Cole went to about the Kindle and expense and the non use of the library. Expense, yes. Library check-outs, no. I love the library. I miss studying at the library, the quiteness, finding books, doing research. And yes, library books are free. But there is something innovative, futuristic, forward thinking that makes reading on the Kindle a treat. So, I simply must say, I love it. And I still also love my local Mamie Dowd Public Library right across the street.

On a different note, I'd like to point out:
My boss got fired
I now report to someone else
My "new" car is having problems
My feet are killing me and making me very frustrated
Money is short

BUT
I have the most beautiful family ever! Seriously, you've seen Cole right? And Mr. W looks very fashionable in his new winter hat.
We have a wonderful home - who cares that it's cracking in all sorts of places, that our walls have been empty since my living paint job this summer.
We have silly, playful and lovable dogs.
We have the best neighbors - they invited us over for tea and pumpkin spice cake last night. It was such a nice treat.

It's all in our perspective of things. That's not to say that I haven't been stressed out over the other stuff, because I surely have....just ask CV. But, in the end, today was a great day and tomorrow will be too. It's our choice!

No comments: