Sunday, November 16, 2008

Old Friends

Well, I survived three days in NYC. There are advantages to traveling:


1. Greater appreciation for where I live, the clean Colorado air and the sleepiness of Broomfield


2. Long, uninterrupted showers


3. Sightseeing


4. Seeing old friends


The first night I got to hang with my dearest friend Peter. Peter and I go back to 1999 when I did my first triathlon in Longmong, CO. The wonderful thing about our friendship is that we don't have to see each other to enjoy each other. When we do see each other, we don't have to do ANYTHING. Give us a place to talk and we're good for hours. And that's just how it was this past week. We only had a few hours together, but it felt like it was yesterday that we had hung out when in reality it is been two years since we last saw each other. What a treat!

Besides work, I did see some fun stuff:

1. On my first run, I went by the Today show and hung out while they were filming. I could see Harry Conick Jr. inside playing the piano. It was AWESOME!

2. Went for a couple runs in Central Park.

3. Got a breakfast sandwich and walked by Tiffany's pretending I was Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's...my favorite movie ever.

3. Walked to Time Square

4. Saw the new construction around the World Trade Center area.

5. Had a crazy taxi driver

6. Took the subway, multiple times....I actually like riding the subway.

7. Stayed at hotel no local New Yorker had ever heard of, but it ended up being FAB!

8. Bought Cole a snowglobe which he LOVES!

9. Eat a couple good dinners

10. Went to Century 21

But, I missed Cole and Chris TONS and was able to get an early flight back on Saturday so I practically had the whole weekend with them. And I got to sleep without ear plugs....ahhhh how I love Colorado.

No comments: