Sunday, February 20, 2011

Because I care about people

Dear Cole,
Last week after we got home from school and work, you and I took Estes for a walk. I asked how lunch was because it was pizza day. When school makes pizza for lunch, you don't bring your own. It's one of a few offerings you like. Anyhow, Daddy loves school pizza and he was telling you during breakfast how much he loves school pizza and that you should bring him home a piece - BUT I didn't hear this conversation.

Back to our walk.

me: How was lunch?
cole: AWE, it was sooo good. I got seconds, but I didn't eat the second piece. I wrapped it in tinfoil and saved it for Dad.
me: (heart full of happiness because that is just so thoughtful): That is so thoughtful Cole.
cole: It's because I care about people. I know how much Dad loves school pizza so I wanted to bring him home a piece. It's nice to think about other people.
me: Where is the pizza?
cole: In my backpack.

Then we continued talking about doing things and giving things to people, about not being selfish all the time, and about how he "cares about people".

We finished our hike and I checked your backpack. No pizza!

me: Cole, I don't see the pizza. Are you sure you brought a pizza home?
cole: I must have been mistaken.

So, there you have it. It's the thought that counts I guess.

Love you baby,
mommy

p.s. Funny comment after three hours of playing Halo with Daddy.
me: Cole, why are your eyes so red?
cole: Because I didn't blinked at all today.

No comments: