Saturday, February 5, 2011

Car ride and deep thoughts

On the way to Grandma's yesterday morning:

mom - "Cole, what's wrong? You seem sad."
cole - "Well, it's just that I miss my fish. You remember Shrek?" (now BIG tears coming down his face
mom- "of course I do. What made you think of Shrek?"
cole - "I was thinking about the movie and then I just thought about my fish."
mom - "do you remember what color he was?"
cole - "gold?"
mom - "purple."
cole - "who gave him to me?"
mom - "remember Mark and Sue? They gave him to you for your second birthday. He lived for two years. Dad cleaned the tank and you fed him. He was a good fish."
cole - "it's just that I miss him." (still big, sad tears)
mom- "Well, it's ok to be sad. Even though he's gone, he still lives in your heart."
cole - "I've lost three things in my life - Shrek, Soft Bunny, and Nilla."
cole - "I keep them alive in my heart."
mom - "not bad for being almost 7."

cole - "how will I find you heaven?" //now, I'm about ready to cry//
mom - "they have a front desk. you just ask for me and they will tell where to go."
cole - "can you find anyone that way?"
mom- "yep and when I get to heaven, I'm going to ask for my grandpa, Virgil."
cole - "I don't want you to die."
mom - "I don't want to die yet either."
cole - "what I am suppose to do when you die. you're my family, we're suppose to stay together."
mom - "well, hopefully I'll die when I'm old and you will be all grown up and have a life of your own."
cole - "But I will miss you."
cole - "will we have our hotel room in heaven?"
mom - "yep. we'll have our hotel room in heaven."

cole - "I don't want to talk about death anymore."
mom - "I agree."
cole - "I know I brought it up and all."

You are my sweet angel.

You were a snuggle bug with grandma which is so special to her. You two played cards and games and watched a movie while I went for a long run. Then we all went to the store and out for lunch. It was nice spending time with grandma. Since the weather was bad, we didn't end up going to Nederland, instead we started your valentine card project and watched a movie together. Then, we snuggled and giggled ourselves to sleep.

Goodnight darling,
Mommy

No comments: