Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dessert First, Please

I've been tired all day today. I have no idea why because I got a good 9 hours of sleep. I don't function very well when I'm tired. It's like I'm not really in my body or my head. I have a hard time focusing and well, it's just not good. Just ask Chris- I suffered from this alot during the first two months of parenthood and I was, well, insane.

So driving home from work in my half slumber state, I decided that what I needed was some sugar. And then I thought that if Cole had been a good boy at school, him and I would go on a sugar hunt. Much to my excitement, he was a good boy, and we headed to Old Chicago. What's better than a pizzooki? That's right! Nothing is better than a pizzooki, except a pizzooki with ice cream on top. A pizzooki is a giant chocolate chip cookie, baked in a deep dish pizza pan. It was delicious. But here's the thing; I'm not sure Cole was excited about eating dessert before dinner. I, on the other hand, thought it was the best idea I had all day. I don't think in his whole 4.5 years, we've ever had dessert before dinner. It's an occassion to write about, don't you think?

We made it home, bellies full, and sugar starting to make it into our blood stream, when Mr. Wonderful made it home. But now, they are off at work (Chris took Cole to help him get some stuff moved at the office. Besides Cole being the cutest kid on earth, he is also wonderful hired help) and our usual noise filled house is empty and quiet, except for the occasional pitter patter of dog nails on the hardwood. The quiet is making me even more tired...that an my burning hot, non interpreted shower.

It will all change in about 15 minutes, when they explode through the door and the chaos of bath time and bed time arrive. But for now, I'm going to be lost in my own thoughts and the quietness of this wonderful house.

p.s. my heart is filled with so much relief that NieNie is back. Her life and her struggles to rebuild herself have changed me. Stay strong Nie.

No comments: