Friday, January 9, 2009

Hearts

My Mom... mini heart attack... hospital... angioplasty.... stent....prayer.... family....rest....home again.

It's the simple things in life that mean the most. It's the soft touch of someone moving your hair from your face, the gentle taking of someone's hand, applying chapstick to someone's lips when they can't do it themselves, repeating part of one of Cole's bedtime stories because I have it memorized, listening to a brother recite an essay he just wrote, laughing at silly things, being thankful for EVERYTHING all in one instance....and all this happened in the hospital last night.

I love you Mom. I'm so thanful that you're ok. Cole asked about you first thing this morning. What a sweetheart. He's a good nurse. I'll send him your way in a couple days. His kisses alone will heal your heart....(well, almost, plus some medicine, diet, exercise, etc.)

No comments: