Thursday, January 1, 2009

So long 2008

We don't have any remarkable New Year's eve traditions. I guess our tradition is staying home and watching movies. I don't believe I've ever attended a New Year's party and I'm ok with that. We watched a couple movies and like usual and I was sleeping when the New Year rolled in.

Maybe this is why when I do out with my friends, I make it a point to call someone who isn't out with us and have everyone yell "Happy New Year" into the phone. It's my favorite line and I think it started during a girls trip to New York some 8 years ago. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Hannah is the one who started this and it just stuck with me. It doesn't matter if it's April or July or October, if you've ever gotten one of Wendy's late night calls (sort of like a drunk dial) then you probably have experienced the "Happy New Year" yell.

So, here it is officially the 1st day of 2009 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: