Monday, January 5, 2009

Flu

So, I've been laid up in bed with the flu. Dr. Chris and Nurse Cole have been taking wonderful care of me. Sweet Nurse Cole comes to check on me "Mama, how are you doing? It's going to be alright." And Dr. Chris has been a trooper changing out my vomit bags from the trash can that sits bedside. I'm amazed at the human body and how much force and contracting power it has during these episodes of throat burning extraction.

To hear Cole in the shower last night, giggling and talking to himself, was sweet sounds to my ears as I lay in the fetile position. I attempted to go to work today, even showered and dressed before I found myself laying once again under covers with the heating pad still in my work clothes, to tired to undress. I was able to eat dinner and keep it down (so far), so hopefully that will give my little body the much needed energy it needs.

In the meantime, a huge thanks to Dr. Chris and Nurse Cole for taking such good care of me at the Velez hospital. Dr. Chris is a much better physican than I am. He is a patient and sympathic and entertained Cole all afternoon on Sunday. I'll kiss the Dr. when I'm feeling better.

No comments: